This Is How You'll Improve
Experience has brought us here. Seeing the success of our students has shown us how well our program works; it works so well we can just plain guarantee it will help you earn a massive improvement—10 points, or in the 99th%, or both.
The rules that follow boil down to this: in order to improve your score with your Velocity Guided Course, you must use the course and do your homework. Since we’re not physically present to help you with that, we’ve set up these guidelines that will govern your work.
If you don’t follow these guidelines, we cannot guarantee that you’ll improve. However, if you do follow all of these steps, then you will improve your score by 10 points, or else you’ll score in the 99th% of all test-takers, or else you’ll do both. We guarantee that, or we’ll keep working with you for as long as you'd like until you get there.
1. You need a baseline score to show how much you’ve improved. There are two options for recording this baseline score:
- Have a previous official score from an actual, LSAC-administered test.
- Take a full-length PrepTest under real, timed conditions, and send us that score within three (3) days of your enrollment in our course (if you have a good reason for needing more time, we’ll happily work with you).
2. Repetition is the soul of learning. To improve, you'll need lots of guided practice. So this guarantee is only offered to students enrolled in our Guided Course.
3. To improve, you have to do the coursework; in part, that means that you have to watch the course videos. All of them. There are two exceptions:
- If you’ve watched at least 80% of the Practice Videos for each subject (LR, RC, and Games), we will consider you to have done your part in that regard. You must watch 100% of the Theory videos, with the only possible exception being that you’re already good in a subject area, as described in point 2 below.
- If you’re good at a subject, you don’t have to watch videos about it for our sake. So, if you miss 3 or fewer questions per section (in any subject) on your actual LSAT following the course, we will waive all watching requirements for that subject. For example, if you missed only 2 questions in the Games section, yet still improved by just 9 points overall, we wouldn’t require you to have watched any Games Practice videos in order to continue prepping with us at no further charge. In other words, there are no tricks or traps here. You have to watch to improve, but you don’t have to watch if you don’t need improvement!
4. To improve, you really do have to do the coursework; in part, that means doing your homework. You must do your homework as prescribed by your Velocity Study Plan. You must do all of it. This means that you must answer every question from the Guided Course, in the manner set forth in your Study Plan, with two exceptions:
- As with the videos, if you've worked through at least 80% of the total questions in each subject (LR, RC, and Games), according to your Study Plan, we will consider you to have done your part in that regard.
- Also as with the videos, if you’re good at one subject, you don’t have to do practice in that subject for our sake. So, if you miss 3 or fewer questions per section (in any subject) on your actual LSAT following the course, we will waive all homework requirements for that subject. For example, if you missed only 2 questions in the Reading Comprehension section, yet still improved by only 8 points overall, we wouldn’t require you to have done any Reading Comprehension homework in order to continue prepping with us at no further charge. In other words, there are no hoops to jump through, and no busywork here (we hate busywork!). You have to practice to improve, but you don’t have to practice if you don’t need improvement.
That’s how you’ll improve.
But what if you don’t?
We’ll let you repeat the course for as long as you'd like until you're ready to crack 10 points of improvement or else score in the 99th%.
Hey, we want you to succeed. If you have questions about any of this, or if you need help, we’re here. Email us at [email protected] and we’ll do what we can to make your life better.
What are you waiting for? Get to work!